Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- This is a core operational (non-procurement) role: Execute inbound operations for Normal plant facility and supplier locations while also providing support to the other Rivian locations. At Rivian, logistics operations includes all modes of transportation (parcel, truck, air, ocean, rail), domestic and international, inbound, outbound, and special projects.
- Work with 3PL’s, freight forwarders, and carriers to ensure product is picked-up and delivered on-time and delivered undamaged.
- Provide a customer-oriented approach to support the internal customers. Support for shipping receiving, and warehousing when necessary.
- Handle scheduling and execution of Operations utilizing all modes of transportation.
- Ownership of issue resolution on transportation related questions, concerns, escalations.
- Be willing to roll-up your sleeves and dive into the weeds. This role is both strategic and tactical.
- Collaborate cross-functionally on vendor selection, KPI measurement, and logistics process development. Own the role, and craft best in class strategies and process for exponential growth.
- Serve as subject matter expert for transportation management system execution.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 7-10+ years of experience in the automotive/operational logistics industry
- Experience hiring and developing a strong operations team that will work across multiple shifts
- Flexibility to think strategically and act tactically
- Ability to develop and interpret data to drive execution and decision-making
- Experience vetting providers for capability and effective technology implementation
- In-depth understanding of logistics’ relationships with other parts of the automotive ecosystem
- You have a collaborative method of working and capability in a range of communication styles. You can clearly explain complex issues to a variety of audiences, think about the big picture when communicating, and report technical details succinctly
- Hands-on experience working with SAP (Transportation Management System (TMS), Warehouse Management System (WMS), Yard Management, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, engineering, business, or related field. Advanced training (APICS, etc) or MBA preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.