Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
At Rivian, the Design Release Engineer is a critical role as they are the single point of contact for everything related to their components. This means a “cradle to grave” approach to design and development, launch and testing, and commercial and timing activities.
- Collaborative the development of Closure's components and systems including interface with body engineering, studio design and quality, attributes, and customer experience teams
- Responsible for component release for Closure's components and systems throughout program lifecycle, including: concept design, supplier engagement, BOM management, systems requirements, simulation analysis, prototyping builds, validation testing, and production support
- Manage cost and weight for Closure's components and systems from initial engineering estimates, through supplier quotes. Ensuring accurate forecasting and implementation plans at all times.
- Developing and managing your part system, subsystem, and component information through the Enovia PLM to Catia V6 environment
- Be a champion of 1st principles design methodology in the body system and across the vehicle
- Engage in debate and discussions during all body design reviews as a stakeholder and representative of Closures department
- Mentor other less experienced engineers
- Understanding of product requirements and Closures features to deliver world class customer experience in mechanisms – Handles, Latches, Actuators, Regulators, Other moving closures.
- A strong understanding of the 1st principle physics of a closures system – the loads, forces, and overall function of the system, and the tradeoffs among design, package, function, and customer experience involved with these systems
- CAD design experience for closures systems, mechanisms, structure, or related vehicle components.
- Catia v6 experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of an automotive design and development process, system requirements, and general engineering best practices
- Ability to deliver under pressure and manage component design and development within cost, weight, and timing constraints.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.