Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian’s Digital Commerce Team is responsible for the end-to-end implementation of the digital experience outside the vehicle (e.g. vehicle configurator, payment gateway, vehicle delivery management, service scheduling) across web, mobile app and in-store. To that end, we are developing a world-class commerce platform that will make learning about and purchasing electric adventure vehicles intuitive, seamless and fun. We are seeking Staff Software Engineers for our Application Services Team which will build systems that power amazing experiences for our customers.
Are you interested in building out innovative customer tools around chat, telephony, email, knowledge-based systems, and more? Does the idea of starting from scratch to building something truly amazing excite you? If so, we’re looking for you to bring your ideas and talents and build experiences that match our amazing brand. This is an exciting opportunity to join a high performing team early and lay the technical foundation for our digital commerce platform.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design, extend and review software architecture – be hands on and involved with every stage of the product development life cycle
- Build high quality, testable, and scalable backend systems including REST APIs, batch jobs, and system integrations
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience, with 4+ years of building enterprise grade systems preferably using Java
- Experience building distributed systems and microservices
- Comfortable navigating trade-offs to bring the right data structure and algorithms to the problem
- Dedicated to High Quality unit testing, integration testing, code coverage, etc.
- Experience developing API’s with the care that they deserve – REST with OpenApi/Swagger
- Experience and familiarity with cloud native architecture, development, and deployment practices
- Experience building e-commerce and/or payments systems a plus
- Strong technical background in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technology field
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.