Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Partner closely with Product Management to provide solutions and recommendations – you are able to drive ambiguity out of requirements and articulate the broadly applicable solutions.
- Design and develop secure, scalable, high-performance, and reliable services for safety, security, and risk management features across the fleet platform.
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers and product designers to build user-friendly, immersive, reactive applications
- Design, extend and review software architecture – be hands on and involved with every stage of the product development life cycle.
- Develop state of the art code – influence/establish the software development culture of the team. Establish standards and best practice for software engineering, and help mentor more junior team members.
This Is What You’ll Need:
- 12 + years of relevant industry experience, with 7+ years of building large scale enterprise grade systems
- Experience building distributed systems at scale which can handle millions of transactions/second
- HTML5, CSS/SASS, Restful APIs, GraphQL, JSON, HTTP
- Cloud experience with AWS infrastructure ( or equivalent), specifically with micro-services and/or serverless architectures
- Comfortable navigating trade-offs to bring the right data structure and algorithms to the problem
- Meticulous around visibility of the systems you build – metrics, centralized logging, tracing
- Dedicated to unit, integration testing and coverage – comfortable using tools of the trade on profiling, source control
- Strong technical background in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technology field
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.