Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
About the Team:
- Write black box testcases and test plans for testing on bucks and vehicles
- Work with a multitude of engineers to test software features for Infotainment, Navigation, Vehicle access and Connectivity on the Vehicle
- Actively contribute to full system bucks bring up and vehicle bring up and maintain them
- In-vehicle testing of Infotainment and Connectivity tests
- Able to travel to vehicle build and commission sites to assist in bring up activities
- 4+ years of experience with automotive company
- Experience with HiL/SiL/MiL systems
- Ability to think on systems or vehicle level and how different areas of the vehicle work with each other.
- Familiarity with AUTOSAR and software architecture of an ECU, RTOS
- Good electrical fundamentals and being able to read vehicle, electrical schematics and wire harness diagrams. Ability to troubleshoot electrical issues on bucks, vehicles or benches. Familiarity with basic automotive tools.
- Strong Automotive CAN/CAN-FD fundamentals, familiarity with Automotive Ethernet, UDS Protocol
- Familiarity with QNX and Android and 1+ year of experience with Infotainment systems
- Desire and the ability to not just test but also root cause issues and support development of multiple ECUs. Ability to switch contexts quickly
- Familiarity with WiFi/LTE/GPS
- Good fundamentals of Embedded C, Python
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.