Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you will do:
- Create, maintain test strategy and test plans for various infotainment radio, audio and video streaming and in-house developed apps.
- Build, maintain and manage test environments needed for manual and automated runs.
- Help drive decisions about test automation strategies, collaborate across dev & test organizations.
- Create/enhance and maintain manual and automated test cases.
- Execute release test runs for various vehicle programs on test benches and vehicles.
- Analyze defects, assist with resolving issues reported from drive tests and customers.
- Interface with dev ops for test automation infrastructure needs.
- Mentor new hires.
This is what you will need:
- Masters’ degree in computer science, Computer or Software Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience, with 3+ years of experience creating and managing automated test cases.
- Expertise in Linux, Android test platforms.
- Experience in validating radio/ audio/ video streaming/ voice assistant apps.
- Experience with Pytest, Robot, Appium or other automation frameworks and tools.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience in test automation in embedded systems using Python.
- Experience in android automotive and/or connected car is a big plus.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.