Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Partner closely with Product lead to provide solutions and recommendations – you are able to drive ambiguity out of requirements and articulate broadly applicable solutions.
- Lead engineering teams to design and develop end-to-end services across web/app (React/React Native), backend (Java RESTful Microservices in AWS) and 3rd party integrations.
- Develop state of the art code – influence/establish the software development culture of the team. Establish standards and best practices for software engineering
- Manage product backlogs and lead the team in SCRUM activities
- Define key metrics and KPIs and implement them to ensure maximum service up-time
- Grow and mentor an engineering team from 2-5 to 15-20 within the next 6 months
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related engineering field
- Minimum of a combined 12 years of experience as a software engineer and manager
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as an engineering manager/director
- Possess strong experience in building end-to-end cloud native distributed applications across web/app
- Strong system design and architecture skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, agile work environment
- Passionate about fostering a culture of teamwork and collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and think creatively
- Demonstrated ability to hire and retain top engineering talent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic mindset – able to think far enough into the future while ensuring near-term execution and providing glide path into the future vision
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.