Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is evolving into a more complex business with global expansion and a rapidly growing employee population across every part of our business. The People Team supports our business leaders to enable organizational effectiveness and execution of operational initiatives, and a critical part of this support will be providing workforce insights to help inform decision-making and planning for the people strategy. With recent implementations of Workday, Greenhouse and Qualtrics, the foundation for people data is now in place, and we are ready to build our workforce insights capability to leverage data to develop actionable insights aimed at answering key business questions.
If you are someone that has built a People Insights strategy and function from the ground up and would like to do it again in a dynamic, data-hungry and diversified environment, then this may be the right opportunity for you. While many companies have a People Insights team, we don’t just want someone who has the experience to do this job…we want someone who is passionate about exploring to find the right way to build this function for Rivian.
Our Compass values are the behaviors that guide us on our mission to Keep the World Adventurous Forever, and one is Ask Why. Here is what it means to us…
- Innovation isn’t the job of a small group within the company. Better ways of doing things are waiting to be discovered and it’s incumbent upon all of us to approach our work from a place of curiosity. Despite the breadth of objectives and the complexity of our goals, all our ideas begin the same way — from first principles. A first-principles approach enables us to discuss ideas rather than debate different sets of ideologies or dogmas from previous experiences. When we start with undeniable basic truths, it opens up a world of possibility.
This requires a leader who will embrace the first-principles approach and build a workforce insights strategy that is made for our mission, our strategy and our employees.
This Is What You'll Do:
- Lead the effort to understand where workforce insights can add short-term and long-term value by working with our Chief People Officer, People Leadership team, who drive our centers of excellence (Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, Learning and Talent Development, People Operations) and partner closely with the business leaders, as well as our cross-functional partners (IT, Finance, Legal, etc.)
- Create the strategy, roadmap and best practices for People Insights, including the technology solutions and data architecture required for success, to drive the following…
- Data analysis and statistics to identify trends and patterns with attention to recruitment, hiring practices, turnover, and organizational changes
- Data analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the data to help inform, influence, support, and execute our people initiatives
- Scalable structure for dashboards, including the data and how it’s accessed or distributed
- Lead a team of People Insights Partners tasked with delivering meaningful metrics, trends, key insights, and analysis in clear, concise stories for various stakeholders across the People Team and at all levels
- Have a deep understanding of our data architecture to ensure it will allow us to gain the insights we need
- Flex between execution (tactics) and strategy, as initially this will be a balancing act of helping address the growing demand for data and analytics and carving out time to build the longer-term vision
- Partner with the head of People Systems to ensure seamless collaboration between data, reporting and insights, as well as implementing any insights-related technology solutions with IT
- Partner with our head of People Operations, Strategy & Planning to ensure we have the data required to measure our objectives and initiatives
- Partner with communications and our commercial (marketing) teams to ensure we have a simple and clear look-and-feel to ensure any insights are easy to understand
This Is What You'll Need:
- 8-10+ years of experience in Human Resources analytics roles, including 3-5 years of leading the function and team
- Bachelor’s or post-graduate degree in data analytics or related field is preferred, MBA is a plus
- Experience building and working within a People Insights function
- An extreme passion for data, including data analysis, trend and root cause identification, statistical analysis and data visualization
- Exceptional leadership skills to build and drive direct and cross-functional teams
- In depth experience with Workday and Greenhouse data models and reporting capability
- Experience in rapidly growing companies, technology and manufacturing industries preferred
- Ability to use storytelling to explain data and insights
- Ability to partner, communicate and influence stakeholders at all levels and across the company
- High “emotional intelligence”
- Comfort in a fast paced, changed oriented environment
- Ability to navigate ambiguity with a heightened alertness to consistency of practice
- Ability to be highly collaborate yet drive projects and decisions forward
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and time management
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills to manipulate and effectively communicate all sources of data
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.