Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This Is What You'll Do
· Build and lead a world class engineering team to establish best practices and standards for performing diagnostic analysis, repair, and refurbishment of Rivian products, as well as recommend functional and serviceability improvements, and help drive extended and/or 2nd life use for Rivian assemblies.
· Implement processes to diagnose, repair, refurbish, update, validate, and re-introduce good-as-new components back into the market
· Define tooling and equipment needed to build out and bring up a re-manufacturing line on a compressed timeline
· Train, coach and develop employees to exceed our customer’s expectations as you develop a culture of high quality and serviceability within the organization
· Own the engineering operations to repair and refurbish viable components for 2nd life use
· Drive planning and budgeting of all Reman facilities, including equipment, engineering operations, and staffing
· Partner internally with Service Operations, Engineering, Manufacturing, Strategy, and Supply Chain for the development, implementation, and operation of all services rendered
· Be an active participant in design reviews of new products and subassemblies to improve serviceability and re-manufacturability
· Drive quality standards for products that are repaired, refurbished, or remanufactured into the market
· Drive engineering strategy and planning efforts for repair, remanufacture, and 2nd life use.
· Drive end of life planning with regards to parts, components, and legacy production for Reman operations
· Drive internal and field processes for improving root cause analysis, and implementing quality improvements
· Collaborate internally on ways to reduce field and manufacturing failures
· Help identify, define, and promote emerging product and service issues through appropriate channels, and into a closed loop system for problem resolution
This Is What You'll Need:
· 7+ years’ experience with demonstrated leadership in Engineering, Manufacturing, and/or Operations
· BS (MS preferred) in related discipline
· Proven success in driving process and results in a complex environment
· Ability to manage multiple projects and operations across varying geographic locations simultaneously
· Experience working in a strong cross functional environment
· Expertise in EV Powertrains, HV systems, and diagnostics
· Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners
· Technical and professional skills in job-related area required
· Able to work efficiently under high amount of work/stress
· Specific knowledge of engineering discipline (e.g. mechanics, physics, metallurgy, manufacturing methods, electronics, software, control systems) within job-related area
· High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
· Knowledge of engineering software and systems as it pertains to job-related area
· Ability to travel as needed
· Strong written and communications skills
· Extremely detail oriented
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Service Operations
Location: Irvine/Palo Alto, CA
We Are Rivian
· Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
· We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
· Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
· Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
· Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.