Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead technical development for Rivian Interior Overhead Systems
- Lead and coach system and sub system owners / Design Release Engineers to develop products that meet functional requirements in advanced-development, development, and launch phases
- Support Development of functional requirements and specifications
- Lead research activities for innovation development and integration into programs
- Support system strategy development to achieve program targets for mass and financials
- Approve system and components for production release
- Support the development of best practices for design and release engineering
- Champion fundamental design and first principle thinking in the Interior system and across the vehicle
- Develop a high level of technical competence for in-house product development
- Work closely with support functions such as studio and supply chain
- Work within a matrix organization whilst delivering towards project-based goals set by the program management team
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 10+ years of experience developing Door Trim Panels
- A system approach to design and development with the desire and curiosity to strive for continuous improvement
- A deep understanding of your commodity and the tradeoffs among design, package, function, production build and customer experience involved with these systems
- Deep understanding of the first principles / engineering fundamentals that drive the requirements of interior systems
- Eagerness to work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment where you are part of a team – working outside commodity and sharing models as required to support the changing needs of an evolving environment
- Detailed understanding of the manufacturing, materials and processes utilized to produce your components as well as commercial and financial awareness
- Ability to use Catia V6 and Enovia for design analysis
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Interior Engineering
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.