Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design and develop Interior Overhead Systems components for Rivian vehicles from concept through production
- Manage internal resources, interface with suppliers, and partner with all Rivian organizations
- Research, establish and achieve targets for performance, appearance, quality, cost, timing and mass
- Develop criteria required for sourcing, prototyping, testing and manufacturing activities
- Create and maintain requirements, performance specifications and Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R)
- Work collaboratively with studio designers to develop class A surface themes that meet manufacturing feasibility, functional and cost targets
- Develop CAD data (2D sections and 3D studies) using CATIA V6 software
- Lead supplier meetings, guide design reviews and resolve / track cross-functional system and component issues
- Maintain EBOMs and manage data releases in accordance with program milestones and targets
- Consistently demonstrate a first-principles approach
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- B. S. E. or higher in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in automotive interior development (more experienced levels open)
- Ability to self-direct and adapt quickly to program changes
- Working knowledge of regulatory and certification requirements
- High proficiency with standard 3D CAD software, preferably CATIA V5 and/or V6
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Interior Engineering
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.