Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design and develop Interior Door Trim Panels components for Rivian vehicles from concept through production
- Manage internal resources, interface with suppliers, and partner with all Rivian organizations
- Research, establish and achieve targets for performance, appearance, quality, cost, timing and mass
- Develop criteria required for sourcing, prototyping, testing and manufacturing activities
- Create and maintain requirements, performance specifications and Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R)
- Work collaboratively with studio designers to develop class A surface themes that meet manufacturing feasibility, functional and cost targets
- Develop CAD data (2D sections and 3D studies) using CATIA V6 software
- Lead supplier meetings, guide design reviews and resolve / track cross-functional system and component issues
- Maintain EBOMs and manage data releases in accordance with program milestones and targets
- Consistently demonstrate a first-principles approach
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- B.S. E. or higher in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in automotive interior development (more experienced levels open)
- Ability to self-direct and adapt quickly to program changes
- Working knowledge of regulatory and certification requirements
- High proficiency with standard 3D CAD software, preferably CATIA V5 and/or V6
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Interior Engineering
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.