Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian’s Cloud team is at the center of Rivian’s ‘data universe’, as well as at the center of all customer-facing business processes. Rivian’s Cloud model is the most progressive in the industry, collecting and processing petabytes of data from our customer fleet. The Big Data team is looking for a Senior Performance Engineer. To build a highly responsive, available, and scalable platform.
What you will do:
- Performance engineering with an expert understanding of what makes applications, databases and systems high performant and scalable.
- Design, script, configure and run performance tests to validate Stability, Scalability, and Reliability.
- Diagnose, track and manage performance issues for resolution in throughput, latency, Memory/CPU usage, and more.
- Identify & Communicate performance and scaling requirements engineers, designers, and stakeholders.
- Play a key role in building the big data engineering performant systems at Rivian.
- Use technologies like Scala, Spark, Hadoop, BigQuery, and Python in process petabytes of data into traces, metrics, alerts, and visualizations for our engineers to know exactly where to find critical performance bottlenecks.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- Experience with Kubernetes running on Linux, AWS is a plus.
- 7+ years in performance engineering on software
- Knowledge/experience in application development/scripting in one or more of the following -C++/Java/Python
- Knowledge of some profiling/load testing tools/web proxy tools (JMeter, Fiddler, etc.)
- Knowledge/experience in using/accessing databases (SQL Server/MySQL/Elasticsearch, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of Microservices and Web Application Protocols
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.