Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian’s Cloud team is at the center of Rivian’s ‘data universe’, as well as at the center of all customer-facing business processes. Rivian’s Cloud model is the most progressive in the industry, collecting and processing petabytes of data from our customer fleet.
This is what you’ll do:
You will work on Rivian’s Cloud team as a Big Data Software Engineer. You will be involved in designing, building, and deploying highly optimized cloud-based query engine to retrieve data arriving from our connected vehicles. The query engine will support both streaming and request-response paradigm to build dashboards, run inference and create insights.
The automobile is the next big computing platform and data is fundamental to the digital products and services that will arise from it. Having Amazon as a major investor and partner allows us to be brave and innovative in this area. Our vehicles are the ultimate IoT devices and they generate high-quality data. Come be part of this revolution.
This is what you’ll need:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; Master’s degree a plus
· Three plus years programming in Python, Go, Java or C/C++
· Deep knowledge of Amazon’s AWS ecosystem
· Experience with AWS’s big data products – e.g. Aurora, Redshift, S3, Elastic Cache, DynamoDB, Kinesis
· Experience designing and building highly scalable distributed systems
· Working knowledge of Kubernetes, EKS, ECS is a plus
· Understanding of REST API services and applications
· Knowledge of software development technologies, processes, and tools (i.e., Agile software development)
· Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL models
· Understanding of cloud security models
This is where you’ll work:
Location: Palo Alto
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.