Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is an opportunity to make a lasting impact on a scaling company by taking ownership of leadership development programs for Rivian’s leaders. You’ll be responsible for creating and delivering innovative, high-quality programs that grow great leaders in ways that carry forward our mission to keep the world adventurous forever. In this position, you will provide high-level program facilitation and will be familiar with blended learning approaches, such as in-classroom facilitation (virtually/in person) and building eLearning courses. You will be our internal expert on developing leaders, collaborating closely with our talented learning and development team as well as with partners from across the organization.
What you’ll bring [Responsibilities]:
- Proven success in building out a comprehensive, next-level leadership development strategy to ensure that leaders can grow their skills and capabilities in parallel with the growth of our business.
- Proven success in the design, creation, organization, and delivery of leadership development programs that provide opportunities for leaders to connect and learn from one another.
- Proven success in the ownership, design, development, implementation, delivery and iteration of these programs for a variety of audiences and delivery types, including classroom based, online self-paced, blended, mobile, and peer to peer methodologies.
- Proven success in managing leadership programs that support individual leaders’ growth and development with an emphasis on first time leaders.
- Ability to support the roll-out and incorporation of Rivian’s leadership model into all leadership development programs and materials to ensure that leaders of all levels are equipped to support our scaling organization.
- Strong background in the development and delivery of tailored department and team learning sessions, both proactively and in response to emerging requests.
- Strong background in learning & development and understanding of adult learning theory.
- Proven success in supporting the development of their team members through career-paving opportunities (focused on building a bench of leaders)
- Proven success in assessing training and development needs through surveys, interviews, focus groups, and communication with managers and vendors.
What you need [Qualifications]:
- 8+ years of relevant experience with proven success in a similar role
- Inclusive learning style: Adapting methods for people with different experiences, backgrounds, and learning styles.
- Strong facilitation & coaching skills.
- Experience with Senior Leaders: Speaks the language of the business and interacts effectively with leaders.
- Relationship Building & Personal Growth: Develop strong partnerships within the team and with leaders, stakeholders, and internal customers across Rivian.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills across different audiences.
- Strong listening skills, emotional intelligence, has a growth mindset, is resilient, responsive to feedback, and committed to learning/self-development.
- Execution & Agility: Design, manage, resource, track, and evaluate complex programs.
- Skilled in strategic thinking, needs assessment, project management, event planning, vendor management, and measurement & analysis.
- Has a strong focus on getting things done, attention to detail, prioritization, timeliness, and performs under pressure.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment as part of a scrappy, collaborative team, jumping in to help each other and pivoting as needed
- Is able to innovate, pivot quickly, start small and iterate, test and learn, know when to “just go” vs. when to “go slow to go fast.”
- Diversity & Inclusion: Knowledgeable about D&I practices in a business context.
- Able to manage, discuss, and facilitate conversations on challenging topics with sensitivity.
- Connect authentically with people of all backgrounds and integrating diversity & inclusion content into open and impactful conversations with leaders.
Even better if:
- Professional Certifications (Clifton Strengths Finder, DISC, Situational Leadership, MBTI etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design, eLearning, and video editing software (Articulate 360 preferred & Camtasia)
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
- Expertise in traditional and modern job training methods and techniques
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Project familiarity with systems/software training and compliance training
- Expertise in Leadership 101 (foundational leadership fundamentals)
- Industry certification(s) or prior experience building training within a technical environment
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.