Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is an opportunity to be on the ground floor of creating a space where a learning culture can thrive digitally. You’ll be responsible for overseeing all aspects of Rivian’s Learning Management System (LMS) and you will play a central role in ensuring our learning technologies are operationally robust, scalable, and aligned with strategic learning and performance development initiatives. In addition, you will play a key role in promoting a learning and development culture which inspires all employees to be on the path to career ownership.
What you’ll bring [Responsibilities]:
- Proven success in the design, implementation, and support of a LMS in a scaling organization.
- Spearhead efforts to launch and sustain robust, scalable, and aligned digital learning initiatives.
- Proven success in the development and execution of communication plans related to the implementation of new trainings, systems, enhancements, and/or process changes in the Talent Development department.
- Proven success in effectively managing all aspects of the LMS including, but not limited to:
- Collaborate with our chosen vendor and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to determine effective methods to package and deploy various forms of training.
- Routinely collaborate with internal and external technical teams to develop and maintain the LMS.
- Upload, publish, manage, test, and deploy content including, but not limited to, online courses, tests, surveys, evaluations, documents, web-based, and instructor-led training.
- Provide technical assistance to learners and other system administrators or course content creators as needed (acting as the SME for our LMS).
- Maintain data integrity related to uploads and inputs from associated systems and software.
- Generate reports to provide visibility to the platform’s adoption, general reporting, and effectiveness of training solutions delivered via the LMS.
- Analyze data and recommend direction and/or solutions based on reporting.
- Manage content lifecycle from loading to end-of-life; work with Learning leaders to keep content fresh and relevant
- Proven ability to design and deliver technical training resources, including instructional videos, job-aids, how-to guides, and FAQs related to the LMS and training initiatives.
- Proven ability to collaborate with SMEs to support the diverse and evolving calendar of online events offered through the LMS, including webinars, courses, short and extended online learning programs, micro-learning, synchronous, and asynchronous learning
- Proven success in utilizing strong communication to increase awareness around LMS usage, data, launches, updates, training initiatives, etc.
- Act as a bridge between business problems and learning technology solutions.
- Work collaboratively on how to continuously integrate and align the LMS with Rivian learning/training initiatives.
What you’ll need [Qualifications]:
- Experience with LMS platforms required. (Docebo preferred)
- Ideal candidates should have a familiarity with project management approaches, tools, and phases of a project lifecycle.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in LMS administration.
- Minimum of 5 years working in a Learning and Development department.
- Strong project management, analytical, and communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues while learning new technologies quickly.
- Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements and test against those requirements.
- Strong presentation skills combined with a consultative mindset and the ability to communicate complex technical concepts in easy-to-understand terms.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision while maintaining a proactive, creative approach and the ability to work "hands-on".
- Ability to manage ambiguity, apply problem-solving skills, adapt, and pivot quickly in an ever-changing environment.
Even better if:
- Past experience working with Docebo
- Background in instructional design
- Background in graphic design
- Familiarity working with Articulate 360 (RISE)
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.