Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
We are looking for a Business Partner to provide strategic HR partnership to our CFO and across our global Finance teams. Rivian Finance encompasses diverse subject matter domains with a functional and matrixed organizational structure consisting of ~100 employees and 10 Director/Sr Director/VP leadership roles. The Business Partner will collaborate closely with business leadership and teams to ensure the speed and growth of our domestic and international Finance teams meets the needs of the business.
This is what you’ll do:
Responsible & Accountable for…
- Deep understanding of clients' strategy, goals and vision
- Workforce Planning, Org design, structure and change
- Talent Assessment
- Employee relations - consultation, coaching, performance
- Coaching and feedback
- Leadership Development (assessments, development plans, succession planning)
- Analytics/Survey Results at functional Level
- Annual Comp & Promo: Alignment with the business
- Offboarding: Exit Interviews (voluntary)
- Performance management initiation (including improvement & development plans)
- Executive onboarding and integration
- Org hiring support
- Functional talent strategy (attrition, retention, M&A analysis)
Consulted & Informed on…
- Annual Comp & Promo: Program design, training design & development, Reporting & Analysis
- Operational reporting delivery and management
- Employee relations - investigations, inquiries, terminations for cause, separations, policy counsel
- Identification of internal people movement across orgs
- Continuous process improvement (including automation)
- Executive coaching program
- Partner with business leaders to determine the right organizational structure, skills and capabilities required to deliver against the strategy.
- Develop organization specific people plan and roadmap to ensure the right people are in the right roles and the right locations at the right time
- Partner with Leaders to set the tone and culture required to create an environment where employees can do their best work
- Partner with Centers of Excellence to ensure talent is delivered to the needs of the function, team members are onboarded, developed and rewarded effectively
- Advise, mentor and guide leaders
- Partner with People Team to ensure all complex inquiries are resolved appropriately
this is what you’ll need:
- 10 years of Business Partner and/or HR Leadership experience with 3+ years continuous support of senior level Finance leadership in a high growth environment. Experience partnering with a Finance organization through an IPO preferred.
- BS Degree in Human Resources, Business Management or Communication; Master’s degree preferred
Skills and experience…
- Demonstrated courage speaking to leadership blind spots and presenting alternate/opposing views & ideas
- Strong background in organizational design, employee/labor relations and workforce planning
- Ability to earn trust of leaders and employees from diverse backgrounds, across all levels
- Impeccable judgment and ability to balance the needs of the company, managers and employees
- Passionate about culture and creating employee experiences that inspire trust and commitment
- Experienced in facilitating change management within a rapid and complex work environment
- A strong coach and mentor who gets personal fulfillment by contributing to the success of others
- Ability to bring an optimism, energy and solution-oriented approach
- Accustomed to rolling up your sleeves to do whatever needs to be done
- Looks for opportunities to innovate and break convention
- Exceptional communicator (written and verbal) with clear, concise, and courageous style
- Trusted advisor known for business judgment and strong business acumen
- Experience in rapidly building and scaling teams
- Unquestioned, unwavering integrity
This is where you’ll work:
Department: People Team
Location: Palo Alto, CA or Irvine, CA
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.