Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is seeking a seasoned leader who desires the challenge of a new business and the excitement of building something from the ground up. You live and breathe retail and have a passion for people, leading teams and producing strong results. You are a strong coach and mentor to all your direct and indirect reports both on and off the floor, taking pride in always knowing your teams and understanding their goals, both personal and professional. You will partner with your Retail General Managers to ensure effective implementation of brand culture and business initiatives at the site level and regionally. You understand the importance of engaging with and building the Rivian community through our retail locations and will partner with the Marketing and local engagement leads to design and facilitate local events and activations. You work strategically to ensure operational excellence and deliver results across your region. Most of all, you will lead by example and inspire your team to live Rivian’s mission.
- Ensure that the Rivian retail customer experience is best-in-class across your region: authentic, engaging, educational and aligned with Rivian’s core values and culture.
- Uphold the operational framework, best practices, and playbooks to deliver the best experience possible to our customers and team
- Lead all Retail General Managers and locations in your region to ensure they are driving positive results, both financially and culturally
- Develop General Managers within your region as best-in-class leaders, while ensuring they are actively developing their teams
- Clearly and consistently communicate goals to your teams, linking these goals to individual location and employee performance.
- Analyze and evaluate reports and data to identify ways to maximize sales and bolster KPI’s
- Regularly visit and spend time in all locations within your region, as well as in your market, to network and evaluate performance and trends
- Manage operations in alignment with the financial plan, including revenue plan, payroll budget, and overall store P&L
- Lead the implementation processes that allow retail associates to seamlessly move a customer through the ownership funnel with the help of the digital commerce platform and CRM tools (including accessories and branded merchandise sales)
- Ensure all locations within your region maintain compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations as well as Rivian company policy and procedures
- Have a keen sense for visual merchandising and store cleanliness and relentlessly uphold retail presentation standards, ensuring our Retail locations always look and feel premium
- Support new site openings within your region, working closely with the Retail HQ Team to execute the site turnover, product load-in, visual merchandising, recruiting, and hiring of a new team, training and onboarding and all other opening activities as needed
- Proactively recruit talent into your Retail locations, ensuring a strong talent pipeline
- Partner with the Retail Marketing and Engagement leads to create and facilitate regionalized marketing activations, programs and events focused on engaging with and building the Rivian community through our Retail locations
- Take on additional projects, duties and assignments as required and/or by request from the retail leadership
- 8+ years in multi-unit retail leadership, preferably in a Direct-to-Consumer business model
- An obsessive approach to elevating the customer experience and commitment to taking every opportunity to over-deliver when it comes to delighting and interacting with our community
- Possess an entrepreneurial mindset and apply a scrappy and resourceful approach to everything you do. Solve problems and overcome challenges with creativity and ingenuity.
- Ability and willingness to work weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Extensive experience with P&L, POS (Point of Sale) & CRM
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, solicit cooperation, and achieve results through collaboration while managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Expertise in human resources, including recruiting, hiring, onboarding, payroll, and performance management
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.