Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Internship Term: Summer 2021
Rivian internships are experiences optimized for student candidates. To be eligible, you must be an undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited program during the internship term. If you are not pursuing a degree, please see our full time positions at Rivian.com/careers
Note that if your university has specific requirements for internship programs, it is your responsibility to fulfill those requirements.
In this position you will respond to and resolve Level 1 and Level 2 IT support tickets for all employees (onsite and remote) – Technology and Applications.
- Take remote control of the end user device and troubleshoot IT/Desktop issues
- Diagnosis and resolution of computer hardware, software, and network issues for the executives and VIP users
- Initial troubleshooting of the network issues – Port testing, Bandwidth monitoring, Shared drive issues, etc.
- Incident and Service request Management – Responding, tracking, resolving, updating, and reporting of escalated/assigned tickets as per the Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Adhere to the End User Computing policies (including desktop group policies), standards, and procedures for hardware and software
- Provide the first line of defense for end-user computing support within IT
- Help develop IT tools and processes to promote efficient and effective end user support practices
- Documentation of IT knowledge base for internal IT use, or broader employee reference as appropriate
- Set up new user accounts and workstations
- Teach new employees basics around relevant IT systems
- Support office technology – such as printers, video conference units, and digital whiteboards
- Collaborate with remote IT team members to build and maintain positive, productive team relationships
- Develop positive relationships with the business and other functions involved in downstream technical processes
- Look to improve all aspects of the It Service Desk functions continually
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or any related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Provide professional and empathetic technical support to our end users while managing service request queue
- Help keep our end users productive by documenting, monitoring, and resolving issues quickly.
- Understanding of the Wired/Wireless networks, VPN, Collaboration tools (Chat and Video Conferencing), A/V devices, and conference room systems.
- Understanding of the Office365, all major browsers, 3rd party popular applications, encryption software, anti-virus solutions, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDIs), DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, file and printing services, and shared drives
- Familiarity with the standard helpdesk ticketing tools (ServiceNow, Jira)
- Ability to coordinate and communicate at all levels within the organization – Business Stakeholders, Vendors, Suppliers, Senior Managers, and C-Level Execs
- Tech Savvy – Ability and passion for learning new technology and tools
- Passion for Customer Support – A drive to help end users get what they need to do their jobs the best they can. A sense of satisfaction from helping end users get what they need in a timely manner
- Prioritization Skills – The ability to analyze support requests and prioritize them based on impact
- Discipline – The discipline to actively manage help desk tickets and internal IT tasks without getting distracted by email, chat, or other ad-hoc communication
- A Teacher – Able to teach end users about IT technologies or solutions to their issues in an easy-to-understand way
- Self-Starter – The ability to actively look for effective tasks such as Knowledgebase updates to complete in times of low tickets
- Ability to articulate technical solutions to non-technical users in simple and easy to understand terms
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.