Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Design site layouts for deployments of charging and energy products
- Prepare technical drawings, one-line diagrams, schematics, cost estimates, BOM, and specifications of electrical systems to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements
- Produce complete construction documents to include drawings and specifications/documentation
- Apply complete conformance of State and NEC CODES to documents
- Work with our support team and cross-functional team members to deliver supporting documentation on time
- Responsible for design coordination with Installation Manager that design documents meet project scope requirements
- Assist in RFI, RFP, and RFQ responses as necessary
- Develop program requirements, standard operating procedures, installation guidelines and design reports that provide cost efficiencies and oversight into deployments
- Attend internal and external meetings and serve as a technical resource to other Engineers, Designers, Estimators, Contractors/Installers, and Project Managers
- Maintain technical development goals and continuing education credits
- BS in civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or similar field or experience
- A Master's in electrical engineering and/or PE license are a plus
- 2 or more years in all aspects of site/civil design and layout
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or Civil 3D
- Design capabilities from conceptual design to construction documents.
- Experience with electrical design of EVSE installations in a residential and commercial environment
- Experience performing engineering calculations and proficient with power study software
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Customer-first approach with a relentless passion provide the best solutions to our customers
- Knowledge and understanding of charging and energy technology
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.