Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Work across the organization to convert business requirements into engineering requirements.
- Delivering high quality products and solutions that delight Rivian customers.
- Implement tools & infrastructure for build-release-test automation and cloud backend services that enable best practices across Rivian services.
- Develop and maintain tools & automation solutions for CI/CD workflow, continuous testing, software updates, and infrastructure as code.
- Be responsible for tools and software development adhering to appropriate internal & external safety and security standards.
- Identify opportunities to improve development process and fulfill company / group vision.
- Help define, document, and implement operational practices and procedures.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Previous experience in a software engineering, SRE, or DevOps function.
- Experience [leading] build & deploy infrastructure, capacity planning, and maintenance.
- Experience with configuration management tools and infrastructure as code frameworks.
- Ability to use scripting languages like Python or Shell.
- Experience in one or more areas: micro-services, cloud backend operations, big data.
- Experience with cloud native services in AWS.
- [Understanding, Experience, Expertise] with data pipelines, message queues, and data processing systems.
- [Understanding of, Experience with, Expertise with] SQL and/or NoSQL databases.Ability to be creative/resourceful; to work in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience.
- GitLab, Bitbucket, Jira, Terraform, Atlantis.
- Slack, Prometheus, Grafana, PagerDuty.
- Kubernetes (EKS), Docker, Lambda, EMR, RedShift
- Kafka, Nginx, Python.
- … and more.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.