Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you'll do:
· Design and develop Wi-Fi software stack and algorithms for Rivian’s Telematics system
· Design and Implement state machines for control, data and management planes
· Develop object-oriented designs, abstraction layers, middleware and system services for embedded Linux
· Define and implement power, connection and network policy management for handoff and roaming scenarios
· Develop drivers and firmware update utilities as necessary
· Ensure good software architecture practices are followed across the team; actively contribute to code and design reviews; perform unit testing to deliver high quality software
· Analyze wireless connectivity and roaming issues and develop intelligent solutions that greatly enhances User experience
This is what you'll need:
· BS or MS in Computer science, Electrical, Computer engineering with 7+ years of software development experience
· Strong C/C++ programming and object-oriented designs
· Strong first principles thinking along with excellent analytical, debugging and problem solving skills
· 5+ years of experience with wireless and Ethernet modules, good understanding of 802.11
protocols and networking.
· 2+ years of algorithm development for reliable Wi-Fi based solutions
· Extensive experience developing PCIE, USB, UART, GPIO, or I2C drivers and related firmware
· Deep understanding of IEEE 802.11/Wi-Fi
protocols, TCP/IP suite, Linux networking stack and other networking protocols
· Hands-on experience and knowledge of host AP, WPA supplicant, Wi-Fi Security Protocols, Hotspot 2.0
· Prior experience handling chipset vendors in debugging complex technical issues
Solid understanding of ARM processors, tool chains and internals of Linux networking stack
· Strong competency in Layer 3 and above networking protocols
· Extensive knowledge with coexistence issues with Cellular and Bluetooth
· Prior experience with firmware updates and Device Management
· Hands-on experience with mesh networks, Wi-Fi 6 and intelligent roaming
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.