Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Lead Interior Engineering direct sourced tooling from in-house product design and development.
- Support and review Full Service Supplier tooling designs and quotes aligned with purchasing.
- Develop and maintain Tooling Best Practices: Design Standards, Technical Specifications, etc.
- Lead collaborative problem-solving including interfaces with non-interior teams.
- Cooperate and participate in product design activities to assure optimum utilization of new tooling technologies, managing the design, development, and implementation of tooling required to support new products.
- Maintain tooling open issue lists, progress reports, trip reports, meeting minutes and presentations to peers and management as required.
- Assist in the preparation of the tooling budget with program management.
- Drive Advanced Tooling Technologies which improve Rivian’s competitiveness.
- Provide support and direction to tooling suppliers both foreign and domestic.
- Responsible for tooling buy-offs including verification of tools meeting program cycle times and volumes.
This is what you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering; Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- 10+ years of tooling related experience in all aspects of tooling design, manufacturing, and delivery.
- Proven experience with handling multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Desire to not only research, design, and develop first-in-world systems but to also put them into production.
- Project assignments could potentially require up to 40% travel with some travel being outside North America.
This is where you’ll work:
Location: Irvin, California
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.