Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- You will be responsible for the design and development of Instrument Panels for the most adventurous vehicles on the planet
- You will grow and develop a highly technical and empowered team of Product Design Engineers
- Deliver break-through technology and capability in our products
This is what you’ll need:
- Engineering degree and MSME or Systems Engineering (Masters preferred)
- 10+ years of experience on automotive design and development process, system requirements, and general engineering best practices
- CAD design (CATIA preferred) & manufacturing process experience
- Eagerness to work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment where you are part of a team
- Strong understanding of the first-principle physics & requirements of Instrument Panel content – the loads, forces, and overall function of the systems
- System approach to design and development with the desire and curiosity to strive for continuous improvement
- Excellent understanding of GD&T standards
- Understanding of FE analysis technique to drive structural design and its optimization is essential
- PC literate and at ease with MS Office products
- Ability to conduct & drive the DFMEA process
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Interior Engineering
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.