Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- You will be responsible for the design and development of Complete Seats Systems for the most adventurous vehicles on the planet
- You will grow and develop a highly technical and empowered team of Product Design Engineers
- Deliver break-through technology and capability in our products
In this role specifically you’ll be:
- Lead technical team of product design engineers to deliver Complete Seats for all Rivian programs
- Develop and implement the latest technologies in materials, processes and design execution
- Utilize CAE toolsets to define/optimize and verify product designs prior to physical prototype.
- Define lean, efficient, and flexible processes
- Lead Production & Prototype design responsibility
- Lead collaborative development of Seats content including interface with body engineering, studio design, perceived quality, and customer experience teams
- Responsible for design and engineering of components and sub-systems throughout program lifecycle, including: concept design, supplier engagement, BOM management, systems requirements, simulation analysis, prototyping builds, validation testing, and production support
- Supporting the development of best practices for design and release engineering
- Support problem solving activities
- Coordinate design work to deliver timely releases that meet all design for manufacturing inputs from the supply base & manufacturing team.
- Develop and manage your team’s part system, subsystem, and component information through the Enovia PLM to Catia V6 environment
this is what you’ll need:
- Bachelors of Science in an engineering discipline (Masters degree and significant experience is a plus)
- 10+ years of first hand experience leading teams in developing, validating, and launching into production seating systems
- CAD design & manufacturing process experience
- Eagerness to work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment where you are part of a team
- Strong understanding of the first-principle physics & requirements of seat systems – the loads, forces, and overall function of the systems
- System approach to design and development with the desire and curiosity to strive for continuous improvement
- Excellent understanding of GD&T standards
- Understanding of FE analysis technique to drive design and its optimization is essential
- Ability to conduct & drive the DFMEA process
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
This is where you’ll work:
Location: Irvine, California
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.