Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- You will be responsible for the design and development of Complete Seats Systems for the most adventurous vehicles on the planet
- Deliver break-through technology and capability in our products
In this role specifically you’ll be:
- Be an intgegral member a technical team of product engineers to deliver Complete Seats for all Rivian programs
- Develop and implement the latest technologies in materials, processes and design execution
- Utilize CAE toolsets to define/optimize and verify product designs prior to physical prototype.
- Validate seating systems through the creation and testing of the DVP&R, DFMEA, GD&T, Functional Safety, statement of requirements (SOR) and component technical specifications (CTS)
- Support Purchasing in creating nomination plans, RASIC, deliverables, and service agreements for suppliers of seating systems & components and then manage suppliers from nomination to PPAP and through SOP
- Conduct supplier meetings to insure product design integrity and conformance to the statement of the requirements and all technical requirements, responsible for design releases/signoff
- Provide technical expertise for seating systems when working in cross functional teams of body, studio, restraints, LVE, and packaging
- Coordinate design work to deliver timely releases that meet all design for manufacturing inputs from the supply base & manufacturing team.
- Develop and manage system, subsystem, and component information through the Enovia PLM to Catia V6 environment
- Have the opportunity to develop personally to become a leader professionally
this is what you’ll need:
- Bachelors of Science in an engineering discipline (Masters degree is a plus)
- 5+ years of first hand experience leading teams in developing, validating, and launching into production seating systems
- High proficiency with standard 3D CAD software, preferably CATIA V5 and/or V6
- Strong understanding of the first-principle physics & requirements of seat systems – the loads, forces, and overall function of the systems
- System approach to design and development with the desire and curiosity to strive for continuous improvement
- Excellent understanding of GD&T standards
- Understanding of FE analysis technique to drive design and its optimization is essential
- Ability to conduct & drive the DFMEA process
- Eagerness to work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment where you are part of a team
This is where you’ll work:
Location: Irvine, California
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.