Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
The SME Metrology CMM position is responsible for quality system planning and performance Plymouth Lab. This position utilizes the combined skills of data analysis, manufacturing process knowledge, automotive quality tools to support and improve a build team’s quality performance.
· Strong fundamental and applied knowledge in precision industrial dimensional metrology
· Strong understanding of metrology concepts, GD&T, calibration, measurement uncertainty, MSA, R&R, statistical analysis
· Program and Operate Coordinate Measuring Machines (Zeiss, Mitutoyo, LK) using Calypso and CMM Manager
· Interpret and apply Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) principles
· Utilize CMM holding fixtures, attachments & accessories to determine best method for location of inspection parts to maximize access to part and optimize program efficiency
· Work with PCF team members to trouble shoot quality issues and assist in problem solving
· Support First Article Inspection (FAI’s) and PPAP from suppliers
· Maintain CMM calibration
· Support Continuous improvement in the Lab to increase both accuracy and efficiency.
· Perform other precision tasks using surface analysis equipment, comparator, micrometers and other precision tools
· Attention to detail as it relates to programming and part inspection is required
This is what you’ll need:
· College degree in Engineering or Quality Assurance or equivalent technical background
· Three (3) years’ experience in Automotive, Aerospace or technical field
· Minimum 2 Years of CMM programming experience
Preferred- Gear analysis and measurement expertise with systems like Klingelnberg and experience with laser and optical
measurement system lik O-inpsect, laser tracker etc.
· Thorough understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
· Understanding of CAD model formats – SolidWorks, Step Files, etc.
· Knowledgeable in use of Zeiss Calypso and CMM Manager
· Microsoft Office Suite
· Zeiss PiWeb would be a plus
· Knowledge and understanding of machining principles and process a plus
· Knowledge of SPC a plus
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.