Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Senior Manager of Sales and Operations Planning will develop and own the process and execution of Rivian’s Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) cycle for vehicle, and non-vehicle platforms - including Rivian to Consumer, Rivian to Business, Accessories, Gear, and future programs.
• Build and lead a team of Planners and Analysts to optimize and recommend monthly, quarterly, biannual, and one-year operating plans across Rivian based on demand plans and capacity constraints.
• Collaborate across Commercial and Operations teams to improve Rivian’s ability to fulfill end-to-end orders.
• Build process and predictive analytics by leveraging big-data and simulations to model “what-if” scenarios that consider impacts of demand changes, operations capacity, and external factors. • Seek out operational gaps to growth, quantify them, and recommend focus areas to Rivian stakeholders.
• Establish strategies and KPI’s that drive speed, flexibility, and cost efficiency across Rivian’s value-chain.
• Take an objective stance and ensure “what’s best for Rivian” is the standard for decision making.
• 10+ years of experience directly related to complex Operations, Supply Chain, and Planning. Direct S&OP leadership is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Technical (Engineering, Math, Science) or Business Operations required. Master’s degree (MBA) is preferred. Global experience also preferred.
• Experience leading indirect or direct teams through programs, org structure, or ongoing operations.
• Deep knowledge of Product Lifecycles, Planning, Demand, and Operational Capacity.
• Background in applicable technology. SAP Vehicle Management System experience preferred.
• Ability to connect the dots with demonstrated understanding of multiple company functions and how they connect. (Ex: Product Development, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Retail, Service, and Finance).
• Demonstrated ability to handle conflict to solve ambiguous, cross-functional problems and set execution plans.
• Strong interpersonal skills, resiliency, and ability to lead with data and action, not ego.
• Ability to have impactful conversations that educate stakeholders and influence cross-functional teams.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.