Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- As a Test Systems Controls Engineer, you will help develop and maintain tools focused on Control Systems, Data Acquisition and Automated Data Analysis for existing and upcoming test systems. You'll ensure that the test systems are controlled in a safe and consistent manner and ensure that accurate, repeatable and relevant data is acquired and stored in a reliable, consistent, retrievable and traceable manner.
- Develop, update and maintain well documented controls software for Electric Vehicle Powertrain Test Systems, such as dynamometers, Ultimate Strength Tester, Gearbox Test Rig, etc.
- Develop Data Acquisition setups for Powertrain components and subsystems testing.
- Validate and debug Test System Controls Software before handing it off to Test Operators.
- Train Test Operators in the use of the Test Systems Controls Software.
- Develop Automated Test Scripts (test sequences), and train and assist Test Operators in the development of Automated Test Scripts.
- Develop Test Systems Controls Software Specifications, based on Test and Validation Requirements, Device Under Test (DUT) Specifications, and Test Operator feedback.
- Create and Maintain Test Systems Operator Manuals and documentation.
- Use and maintain the Test Systems Controls Software Configuration Management System (SVN™, GitHub™, etc.).
- Develop scripts for Automated Data Analysis and Reporting.
- Perform test Data Management and Data Management System Maintenance
- Participate in the hardware definition and procurement of Powertrain Test Systems and Equipment.
- BS in Engineering with minimum 4 years of software development experience, or other tertiary, technical qualification and at least 10 years of software development experience required.
- Proven ability to develop modular, reusable, scalable, robust, safe, maintainable software code.
- 2+ Years of demonstrated experience in Vector CANalyzer/CANoe™ scripting in CAPL™.
- A thorough knowledge of automotive CAN communication, including the ability to create and maintain .DBC or FIBEX CAN database files.
- Demonstrated experience in NI LabVIEW™ programming - Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD) or higher preferred.
- Experience in configuration, development and maintenance of NI Veristand (including the development of Custom Devices) and NI TestStand™ is highly desirable.
- Experience and certification in programming development with MathWorks™ tools (MATLAB, Stateflow, Simulink and Model Builder) may substitute for experience in LabVIEW programming.
- Demonstrated experience with the design, construction, implementation, and validation of electric powertrain test equipment
- 2+ Years demonstrated experience in configuration, development and maintenance of AVL PUMA and EMCON™ test systems is required.
- Experience in configuration, development and maintenance of other dynamometer controls systems such as REPS™, STARS/SPARC™, etc., may substitute for experience with PUMA and EMCON.
- Experience in data analysis and scripting for automated data analysis tools such as NI DIAdem™, is preferred.
- A fundamental understanding of electric powertrains and the testing and validation thereof, is required.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.