Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Conceptual and detailed design development as well as production release of interior instrument panel and floor console components
- Manage system, subsystem and component information in the Enovia PLM environment
- Use analysis tools such as MoldFLow, Altair Inspire, Altair SimSolid and Altair Inspire Mold
- Ensure all geometric, manufacturing, and assembly requirements are analyzed and met
- Interface with the studio, packaging, manufacturing engineering and supplier to develop optimal design solutions
- Be a champion of fundamental design in the interior system and across the vehicle
- Support the development of best practices for design and engineering
- Work within a matrix organization whilst delivering towards project-based goals set by the program management team
- Create and manage 2D and 3D CAD designs, develop and document GD&T and fit & finish requirements, and fastening design using Catia V6
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 5 or more years of experience designing plastic parts, preferably Interior commodities
- Experience with interior systems, materials, manufacturing and assembly processes
- Knowledge of an automotive design and development process, system requirements and general engineering best practices
- Excellent understanding of GD&T standards
- Working experience of drawing, modelling practices and methodologies
- Working experience with Catia, Enovia or similar tools
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications and SharePoint, as well as Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A Certificate of Accomplishment from a recognized Design educational institution or equivalent skills and expertise
- An eagerness to work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment where you are part of a high-performance team
- A system approach to design and development with the desire and curiosity to strive for continuous improvement
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Interior Engineering
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.