Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Lead development and the completion of Interior Engineering Disciplines for direct usage on current development programs within Interior Engineering team.
· Interface with Functional Engineering and Integration Leads (within Interior and Cross-Functionally) and develop lessons learned.
· Develop and teach common engineering interior engineering disciplines and ensure consistent use of these disciplines in all programs
· Develop and maintain Best Practices: Design Standards, Test Procedures, Technical Specifications, etc.
· Approve and maintain standard Quality Documents: DFMEA, PFMEA, Control Plan, etc.
· Decompose new vehicle level functional requirements into system, subsystem, component, and material level requirements.
· Lead collaborative problem-solving including interfaces with non-interior teams.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering; Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
· Minimum 7 years’ of progressively responsible Automotive Interiors experience with demonstrated experience and success.
Knowledge in plato software for DFMEA
· Drive for engineering disciplines in the product development process.
· Experience in developing performance requirements and test methods for complex systems.
· A deep passion and Innate Curiosity for continuous improvement.
· Desire to not only research, design, and develop first-in-world systems but to also put them into production.
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Body Interiors Engineering
Location: Irvine, California
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.