Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Develop and manage vehicle system validation plans for all interior systems.
· Establish criteria required to demonstrate requirements are being met (e.g. sample size, statistical, attribute vs. variable, etc.)
· Research and benchmark interior system validation tests that do not currently exist in the Rivian portfolio but are necessary for target vehicle performance.
· Ensure plan updates are made when new requirements are established, or new design controls evolve from DFMEA reviews.
· Work with outside testing vendors to quote and source validation testing according to program budget.
· Manage outside testing vendors to plan testing according to part availability and required completion date.
· Review test procedures with testing vendor to insure requirements are being met.
· View validation testing as necessary and practical, especially new or unique tests.
· Assist in troubleshooting issues found during validation testing. Work with development engineers to resolve and document issues.
· Receive and catalogue outside test vendor reports according to record retention policy.
· Prepare and publish Rivian test reports and archive according to record retention policy.
· Collect and review full-service-supplier validation test reports and DVP&R documentation for sub-system sign-off as appropriate.
· Ensure certification tests and reports are managed correctly and published according to certification and compliance groups instructions.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· B.S. or higher in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
· 7+ years of experience in automotive requirements and/or validation
· Experience with statistical methods to establish and assess reliability and confidence requirements for validation test results.
· Ability to self-direct and adapt quickly to program changes
· Working knowledge of regulatory and certification requirements
· Proficiency with standard Microsoft Office software and use of database software
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Interior Engineering
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.