Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Design and develop Interior Lighting for Rivian vehicles from concept through production
· Manage internal resources, interface with suppliers, and collaborate with all Rivian organizations
· Support design, sourcing, prototyping, testing, and manufacturing activities
· Research, establish and achieve targets for performance, quality, cost, investment and mass
· Write requirements, performance specifications, and DVP&Rs
· Support development of class A surface data and work iteratively with studio designers to instill engineering and manufacturing feasibility
· Develop 2D sections and 3D data
· Coordinate supplier meetings, lead design reviews, and track and resolve cross functional and component issues
· Maintain EBOMs and manage data releases in accordance with program milestones and targets
· Action with first principles approach
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· B.S. or higher in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
· 5+ years of experience in Lighting development
· Ability to self-direct and adapt quickly to program changes
· Working knowledge of regulatory and certification requirements
· Proficiency with standard 3D CAD software, preferably CATIA V5 and/or V6
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.