Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Design and develop Interior Lighting for Rivian vehicles from concept through production
· Manage internal resources, interface with suppliers, and collaborate with all Rivian organizations
· Support design, sourcing, prototyping, testing, and manufacturing activities
· Research, establish and achieve targets for performance, quality, cost, investment and mass
· Write requirements, performance specifications, and DVP&Rs
· Support development of class A surface data and work iteratively with studio designers to instill engineering and manufacturing feasibility
· Develop 2D sections and 3D data
· Coordinate supplier meetings, lead design reviews, and track and resolve cross functional and component issues
· Maintain EBOMs and manage data releases in accordance with program milestones and targets
· Action with first principles approach
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· B.S. or higher in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
· 5+ years of experience in Lighting development
· Ability to self-direct and adapt quickly to program changes
· Working knowledge of regulatory and certification requirements
· Proficiency with standard 3D CAD software, preferably CATIA V5 and/or V6
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.