Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Facilities Design Team is Rivian’s in-house design team focused on the physical touchpoints of the brand; from workplace to retail & production, and everything in-between. The ideal candidate is a collaborative, creative thinker who combines technical knowledge with creativity to develop solutions to often complex design issues. The focus of the Technical Design Manager Production is to support the design team on a variety of different projects related to our production facilities with the goal of transforming design ideas and concepts into constructible solutions on a high design level.
- Develop technical solutions for a variety of design issues of different levels of complexity together with the Design Team
- Communicate technical and design solutions to the Design Team through sketching, drawing, and modeling (Revit, Enscape, etc.)
- Work with the Standards Development Team on developing project standards for production facility related project types
- Production of technical drawings in Revit, AutoCAD, etc.
- Review, develop and maintain project manuals and specifications
- Coordinate and collaborate with consultants (architects, engineers, vendors, and fabricators) and contractors.
- Review and respond to drawings, shop drawings, and submittals during construction administration
- Review of proposals and contract documentation together with Design Managers
- Develop and maintain Revit Detail library
- Participate in project site visits and surveys
- Staying abreast of developing trends in the architecture and interior design
- Contribute to the office and team culture and initiatives
- 5-7 years related experience as a Technical Designer with a strong focus on detail development Workplace and Manufacturing Facilities
- A college degree in architecture, interior design or directly related field
- Portfolio demonstrating a strong level of detailing experience
- Strong organizational and communication skills with an ability to juggle multiple projects in various phases of development
- Resourceful, innovative, proactive and have the ability to work in a team environment, under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of materials, construction techniques and building codes
- Proficiency in Revit/ Enscape, AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop & InDesign, Sketchup
- It’s essential you have a can-do attitude and willingness to dive into a varied set of tasks
- Willingness to travel regularly at a time when it’s safe to do so (post pandemic)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.