Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Design Managers at Rivian have proven skills in establishing/developing design schemes and coordinating with design teams for interior or architectural projects. Design Managers are a collaborative, creative thinkers, with a solid understanding of architectural and interior design and/or architectural standards and practices.
- Lead and coordinate business development efforts with architectural and engineering consultants. Identify new consultants through project qualification processes, conduct request for proposals, work with purchasing to prepare master service agreements and competitive bid analysis.
- Track progress of each service project against approved budgets and schedule and keep our internal tracking system up-to-date.
- Review change order requests. Determine any impacts to budget and schedule.
- Review and comment on submitted documents including but not limited to: zoning approvals and building permits and approvals
- Build a strong understanding of the service studio's core needs. Identify and design simple, scalable solutions and processes that bridge gaps and elevate the design team
- Write playbooks that outline business procedural steps, programmatic learnings, or project standards
- Provide project and program management support of ongoing projects, and administrative support - schedule management, planning, submittal tracking, and close-out documentation
- Support communication between project team, vendors, contractors, consultants, and building and permitting officials
- Ability to manage the due diligence of project sites and assist with entitlements
- 5+ years of project or program management experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in architecture or design is strongly preferred
- Passion for process and an eye for detail
- A high-level of confidence and professionalism, ability to foster teamwork, and build business relationships
- Experience with the entire project life cycle from concept through post-occupancy
- Strong organizational and communication skills with an ability to juggle multiple projects
- A self-starter who can identify problems and solve for them with minimal oversight
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects while working under tight deadlines
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.