Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Integrate and support Design Technology/BIM tools, workflows and processes with teams, including both internal and external partners.
- Innovate to create and deploy custom solutions for design team.
- Lead/coordinate office BIM training for internal and external partners, as it relates to guidelines and protocols.
- Maintain and develop BIM-related content and templates.
- Research, develop and evangelize new design technology tools to maintain best-in-class service and efficiency from both internal and external partners.
- Document processes, procedures and workflows.
- Work with the Design Technology Lead to collect project metrics for the Rivian’s portfolio of assets, standards initiatives, and establish reporting of key performance indicators.
- Work with design standards team to create efficiencies throughout the project delivery process.
- Work across many projects of various types and be able to identify system and standard development needs.
- Collaborate seamlessly with other BIM and Design Technology Managers towards a collective vision.
- Support team with related AEC related technologies such as Procore, BlueBeam, Plangrid, and various other platforms that the design team uses.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in architecture with a Master’s degree strongly advisable.
- 4+ years of experience in a project-specific BIM/digital design role of all phases of design and delivery.
- 5+ in a related job such as Architecture, Technical Design, Engineering Design and/or Interior Design
- Deep knowledge of and proven practical background in Autodesk Revit, BIM360, Navisworks and supporting applications.
- Experience working in Architecture, Engineering, Construction or related industries, with detailed knowledge of project processes, milestones and deliverables.
- An articulate communicator able to convey design technology-related concepts to all levels of design and delivery professionals.
- A technologist at heart, someone who loves to explore solutions via technology and is vigorous when faced with complex problems.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to keep an audience interested in live Revit demos.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion and to set priorities and manage competing demands.
- Comfortable in a startup/fast-paced and changing environments.
- Passion for personal development and gaining expertise in the discipline of architecture technology.
- Experience with architectural, engineering, virtual construction processes and workflows.
- Entrepreneurial spirit that embraces change and constantly seeks out new opportunities to improve system processes and protocols.
- Reliable, responsive and positive work ethic with the highest degree of integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to develop learning material, deliver effective training and provide ongoing education and technological support to project teams.
- Punctual, able to adhere to deadlines, and have a strong work ethic.
- Experience with design visualization techniques and applications such as 3D Studio Max, Enscape, Vray desired.
- Experience with Lidar scanning technologies i.e. Point clouds and Autodesk ReCap.
- Intermediate knowledge of Dynamo & Grasshopper preferred.
Familiarity with Performance Design applications such as Autodesk 360 Analysis Tools and other sustainability analysis tools desired.
- Knowledge of Python, a plus.
- Knowledge of Autodesk Forge, a plus.
- Knowledge of CATIA, a plus.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.