Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Concept Design team is Rivian’s in-house design team focused on the physical touchpoints of the brand, from workplace to retail to production and everything in between. Our ideal candidate is a collaborative, creative thinker and excellent storyteller with a solid understanding of interior design standards and practices. In this role, you will make the biggest impact by designing and creating holistic branded experiences from a human centered point of view, integral of both physical and digital environments.
- Collaborate with internal and external designers, artists, and makers to curate and develop custom products and initiatives across brand touchpoints
- Compose image/mood boards
- Facilitate team review and revision of design as necessary
- Assist the concept design team in sourcing and sampling FF&E specifications
- Coordinate RFP documents (scope narratives, budgets, schedules, etc)
- Review architectural drawings, design details, finish samples, RFIs, equipment specifications and furniture
- Perform as needed site visits and field verification measurements
- Research potential vendors/suppliers that adhere to Rivian’s vision and standards
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers, vendors, and manufacturers
- Coordinate vendor presentations and inform the team on new and innovative products
- Manage vendors contacts and communications, track schedules and budgets against project milestones
- Partner with local resources for refinishing/ refurbished and upholstery services for retail and vintage furnishings
- Strategize and assist designers with building styling guidelines to ensure each space enhances the experience
- Attend and oversee the final implementation of delivery/installation of furniture, facilitate styling and placement of accessories, interior planting, and art hanging
- 5-8 years of furniture design, interior design, architectural or interior styling experience
- A college degree in architecture, interior design or directly related field and strong portfolio demonstrating built and photographed work
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and visual
- Knowledge in furniture history, styles, and trends
- Fluency with material and finish standards for commercial use
- Ability to communicate design ideas through sketching
- Experience in all phases of design from concept through execution with strong knowledge of detailing, materials, and applicable regulatory codes
- Strong organizational and communication skills with an ability to juggle multiple projects in various phases
- You love solving big problems, a systems thinker with confidence managing strategic projects
- Be resourceful, innovative and proactive and have the ability to work in a team environment, under tight deadlines
- Willingness to travel, and be comfortable going out into the world to gather inspiration, at a time when it’s safe to do so (post pandemic)
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.