Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
IAs one of our Technical Program Managers, you will oversee Manufacturing Engineering projects from concept through launch, including conceptualization, design, procurement, installation, commissioning, and turnover to Operations. This role will focus on the development of Rivian’s core factory equipment and processes in the General Assembly area. General Assembly is our final assembly and test area for our vehicles where we join the painted body with battery, drive unit, trim, and other vehicle content.
- Work with the cross-functional team to build a comprehensive plan for each project, highlighting the critical path. Track actual progress against the plan. Plan covers all aspects - scope, cost, timing.
- Highlight and actively troubleshoot risks or misses against the plan.
- Build and improve project execution tools and processes.
- Distill organizational goals into strategic roadmaps and break down into program plans.
- Actively cultivate Rivian company culture within the Manufacturing Engineering team.
- Help fill organizational gaps to keep the critical path on track. Examples include:
- Analyzing data to inform a prioritization or problem-solving activity
- Managing equipment suppliers or installation contractors
- Facilitating tactical stand-ups or problem-solving activity Understanding technical decisions and drawing connections between groups
- 3+ years designing and launching equipment and process into manufacturing environments.
- 2+ years in a project manager role facilitating a cross-functional team to deliver projects.
- Prior experience with final assembly and test processes of a complex electromechanical product such as aerospace or automotive.
- Familiarity with a standard product development process and common tools such as D/PFMEA, DV/PV testing, PPAP, etc.
- Experience managing 3rd party resources such as contractors, skilled tradespeople, or suppliers.
- BS in an engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical or Industrial.
- Highly collaborative mindset and strong communication skills
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.