Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Partner closely with Product lead to provide solutions and recommendations – you are able to drive ambiguity out of requirements and articulate the broadly applicable solutions.
- Define interfaces and work with 3rd party integration APIs
- Design, extend and review software architecture – be hands on and involved with every stage of the product development life cycle
- Develop state of the art code – influence/establish the software development culture of the team. Establish standards and best practice for software engineering
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience, with 5+ years of building large scale enterprise grade systems in Java and SQL, NoSQL
- Experience building microservices at scale which can handle millions of transactions/second in cloud environment (AWS, GCP, AZURE)
- Meticulous around visibility of the systems you build – metrics, centralized logging, tracing
- Experience developing API’s with the care they deserve – REST with OpenApi, Swagger
- Experience and familiarity with cloud native deployment practices – specifically containers and container orchestration platforms.
- Experience with publish/subscribe event buses as well as distributed data stores
- Experience with 3rd party system integration (sync/async)
- In-depth knowledge of web (HTTP, HTML, RESTful APIs, Spring, SpringBoot, XML, JSON, Kubernetes, Kafka, Docker) and related tools like Jenkins, CI/CD, Git...etc
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.