Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Partner closely with Product lead to provide solutions and recommendations – you are able to drive ambiguity out of requirements and articulate the broadly applicable solutions.
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers and product designers to build user-friendly, immersive, reactive applications
- Design, extend and review software architecture – be hands on and involved with every stage of the product development life cycle
- Develop state of the art code – influence/establish the software development culture of the team. Establish standards and best practice for software engineering
- 10 + years of relevant industry experience, with 7+ years of building large scale enterprise grade systems
- Experience building distributed systems at scale which can handle millions of transactions/second
- HTML5, CSS/SASS, Restful APIs, GraphQL, JSON, HTTP
- Excellent understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues as well as the ability to debug
- Comfortable navigating trade-offs to bring the right data structure and algorithms to the problem
- Meticulous around visibility of the systems you build – metrics, centralized logging, tracing
- Dedicated to unit, integration testing and coverage – comfortable using tools of the trade on profiling, source control
- Strong technical background in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technology field
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.