Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
· Lead RFI/ RFQ/ RFP and strategic sourcing process
· Develop sourcing strategies by analyzing the supply base, market conditions, and technology roadmaps
· Lead contractual negotiations with suppliers on NDA’s, General Terms & Conditions and Production Supply Agreements
· Identify potential suppliers, analyze capabilities and develop a sourcing strategy and roadmap for Rivian stakeholders
· Perform detailed analysis of quote submissions based on cost breakdown form data
· Drive and implement cost reductions on prototype and production vehicles through leveraged negotiations to achieve vehicle cost targets
· Manage supplier relationships and performance through key performance metrics
· Review Engineering, Design & Development (ED&D) costs with Engineering leads to ensure best-in-class cost is attained
· Manage vehicle budget in collaboration with Rivian Finance team
· Work closely alongside Program Management to support prototype requirements, execute against build milestones and track sourcing progress
· Support Supplier Quality plant audits and technical reviews
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Engineering
· 5+ years of relevant experience
· Effective negotiation experience specific to automotive, specific to chassis components
· Good interpersonal and communications skills
· High level of integrity
· Analytical skills to ensure both internal and external requests are fulfilled
· Attention to detail to ensure specifications being requested are received
· Ability to work independently, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
· The core working hours for this role are from 8-5pm, Monday-Friday
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.