Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
· Lead and mentor a team of purchasing managers in a first principles approach to problem solving while creating and managing a cohesive commodity strategy in partnership with Engineering.
· Develop and execute a strategic vision for sourcing chassis commodities needed to support business operations
· Manage all areas of cost/timing for vendor supplied parts
· Create and leverage strong business and professional relationships with strategic suppliers and industry players to influence their supply chain capabilities, efficiency, and effectiveness
· Rely upon experience and best practice to develop innovative ways to manage and measure suppliers for continuous improvement
· Effectively utilize program and project management tools and techniques
· Serve as initial point of commercial escalation for commercial issues and claims; efficiently solve problems and make decisions for strategic execution and tactical issues within the relevant portfolio of projects and or processes
· Partner with Engineering/Finance/Accounting to manage total costs and ensure purchase order coverage for providers
· Effectively manage multiple competing projects and deadlines
· Motivate and collaborate within the team and across peer groups, and present concisely and persuasively to executive management
· 7+ years relevant experience with strategic sourcing of chassis commodities.
· Automotive and start-up experience strongly preferred
· Experience creating complex RFQ models and processing responses into succinct snapshots and recommendations for executive management
· Impactful, clear communication skills – written, oral, and presentational
· Strong knowledge of pricing models and industry trends, industry regulations, and best practices
· Highly organized and demonstrated ability as a strategic thinker. Ability to prioritize multiple projects, develop effective plans, coordinate change management, and see projects through to conclusion
· BA / BS degree in business administration, finance, engineering or equivalent (required); MBA (optional)
· The core working hours for this position are between 8-5pm, Monday through Friday.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.