Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Create services and middleware for Rivian’s in-vehicle infotainment system which links drivers and passengers to their vehicle and the outside world.
- Collaborate with Application and Platform Software, HMI developers, System Design, and Test Engineers to realize a modern in-vehicle experience.
- Test the in-vehicle experience in the lab and in Rivian prototype vehicles.
- Triage, troubleshoot, and resolve issues found during testing.
- Identify potential problems and resolve middleware and platform bottlenecks for performance optimization
- Help drive research into new technologies and interfaces.
- Collaborate with other divisions in understanding and sharing of technology roadmaps, portfolios and intellectual property.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- 6+ years’ experience with modern object-oriented languages: Java/C++. Proficiency with Python is a plus.
- Extensive experience with POSIX-based embedded systems, one or more of Android, Linux, QNX.
- Software Development life cycle experience, from requirements gathering through to implementation and maintenance.
- Experience in automotive electronics and/or consumer electronics is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
- Good team player with great communication skills.
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from development validation to a verified product.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.