Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Senior Product Manager will play a leadership role in Product Management, strategic operations and technology initiatives responsible for enabling efficiency and rapid growth within the Facilities department at Rivian. This individual will bring together various supporting business functions including project management, accounting, finance, procurement, IT etc., to best solve for the department’s dynamic needs. The Senior Product Manager will be responsible to lead the design and build of technology products to enable these strategies.
- Directly manage one or more non-technical product managers / business analysts. Indirectly manage and bring together the work product of a large team of Technical Product Managers, Software Engineers, UX designers – both direct Rivian employees and outside contractors.
- Drive complex projects from concept, product strategy, roadmap to launch, building processes to help the team succeed, including risk management.
- Build out tools, processes and data portfolio to support People, Process, and Infrastructure decisions across several verticals within the Facilities Capital project delivery team, working cross functionally with the end users: Real Estate, Design, Construction and Operations teams.
- Focus on project finances and build out efficient tools, processes and technology for seamless end-to-end financial management of CapEx projects and programs.
- Create and implement metric tracking methods to monitor performance of implemented processes – recommend process changes when needed. Work with individuals across the facilities department to ensure process compliance.
- Make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, partners, top management.
- 10+ years minimum work experience – with at least 4 years in SaaS Product Management experience (coding abilities NOT required)
- At least 2 years related to end-to-end program/project management in the built environment., i.e., delivering projects involving planning, architecture, construction etc. Or other demonstrable understanding of the construction project management field.
- 3+ years direct management experience
- Must have a strong understanding of financial management concepts relating to managing construction projects and programs – and a basic understanding of financial, accounting and ERP tech.
- MBA from a reputed institution preferred. Other substantial evidence of demonstrable, albeit generalized breadth of knowledge across Operations, Strategy, Finance, general Quantitative skills can be substituted for lack of MBA.
- Expert level Excel Skills are necessary. Expert level presentation skills are necessary in one or more presentation tools such as Power Point, Prezi, Figma etc. (we use Figma for presentations extensively) Ability to graphically represent abstract ideas/thoughts/data/processes is a big advantage.
- Hawk-like attention to detail is an absolute must. Ability to influence without authority; demonstrable skills in organizational, behavioral and process change management. Ability to make quick decisions.
- Keen sense of urgency and initiative - self-starter.
- Strong process skills. Elevated level of problem-solving skills in an ambiguous environment. Keen sense of accountability and ownership. PowerBI/Tableau proficiency is good to have.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.