Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is seeking a seasoned retail leader who desires the challenge of a new business and the excitement of building something from the ground up. You will oversee daily operations and sales activities at the Retail experience center, ensuring delivery of a best-in-class guest experience and that performance goals are met. As Assistant Manager, Customer Experience & Ops, you are accountable for driving sales, supporting the Retail Experience team, and achieving operational excellence. You will partner with the Retail General Manager to oversee the guest experience and operations for the Retail Experience Center, ensuring effective implementation of brand culture and business initiatives.
You will lead by example and inspire your team to live Rivian’s mission.
- Ensure that the Rivian retail customer experience is best-in-class: authentic, engaging, educational and aligned with Rivian’s core values and culture.
- Uphold the operational framework, best practices, and playbooks to deliver the best experience possible to our customers and team
- Track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), ensuring the retail team is invested in the related company-wide strategic and brand objectives
- Manage daily operations in alignment with the financial plan, including revenue plan, payroll budget, and overall store P&L
- Uphold the processes that allow retail associates to seamlessly move a customer through the ownership funnel with the help of the digital commerce platform and CRM tools (including accessories and branded merchandise sales)
- Supervise retail staff, including onboarding, training, mentoring, coaching, and evaluating performance
- Partner with the Retail GM to ensure the staffing model is aligned with demand / traffic, in order to maximize efficiency and deliver a best-in-class guest experience
- Support various community events, store openings, remodels, pop-ups and special events as needed
- Maintain compliance with all local, state and federal regulations as well as Rivian company policies and procedures
- Manage and execute merchandise flow and inventory levels. Partner with the Retail General Manager and Buying & Planning team to manage inventory levels and maximize sales opportunities.
- Oversee BOH operations, including break area, team food and beverage, workstations, supply needs and maintenance
- Effectively provide feedback to any team member, on any task, in order to maintain successful operations of the store and uphold a premium customer experience.
- Ability to provide seamless and complete support in the absence of the Retail General Manager.
- 5+ years in retail leadership, experiential/brand marketing, or similar fields, preferably in a Direct to Consumer business model
- An obsessive approach to elevating the customer experience and commitment to taking every opportunity to over-deliver when it comes to delighting and interacting with our community
- Possess an entrepreneurial mindset and apply a scrappy and resourceful approach to everything you do. Solve problems and overcome challenges with creativity and ingenuity.
- Ability and willingness to work weekends, evenings and holidays with willingness to travel to various retail locations when required
- Extensive experience with P&L, POS & CRM
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, solicit cooperation, and achieve results through collaboration while managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. Outstanding verbal and written communication
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.