Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Electronics Purchasing team manages various electrical components throughout the vehicle including ECUs, communication devices, vehicle access devices, and many others. They also handle the software that allows our vehicles to be truly connected.
- Support Vehicle built activities: Responsible for managing supplier contract as it relates to the procurement of specific parts/modules. In addition, you will ensure successful interfaces with Trade, Logistic, Suppliers, Engineering, Manufacturing to optimize productivity, cost and quality.
- You will also manage/influence/optimize timelines associated to each commodity and track the execution of supplier timelines.
- Organize and structure RFQ packages for new projects
- Responsible for sourcing parts/modules required in bill of material. Develop strong skills in procurement for electric vehicle (Exteriors/Battery/Closures applications).
- Enabling innovation and implementing sustainable supply chains.
- Be a leader in promoting/using/enhancing company procurement systems and reporting.
- Working within the company processes and policies related to procurement.
- Pursuing undergraduate or Business, Supply Chain and/or equivalent experience or evidence of exceptional ability. Open to Masters in Supply Chain Management candidates
- Exposure to an SAP/ERP software preferred
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams on a multitude of projects simultaneously
- Ability to troubleshoot various technical issues and research effective solutions
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Suite.
- Desire to learn new tools/methodologies
- Interest in Electric Vehicles, Mobility and/or Sustainable Energy
- Strong attention to detail, high level of organization, and analytic skills to convert data into decision and insightful stories
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.