Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As a Battery Design Intern, you will support the team’s efforts to draft, develop and design battery components for Rivian products.
- Work with DREs to write and manage component functional requirements.
- Coordinate with DREs to conduct CAD design as necessary for battery components.
- Coordinate with DREs to complete drafting, tolerance analysis, and GD&T components.
- Participate in battery component and system DFMEAs.
- Support prototype builds to execute development testing and support development vehicle program.
- Work with Validation team to instrument and execute prototype testing.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, or similar Engineering degree at the time of application (Junior-Senior preferred)
- Familiar with CAD Design Software (Catia preferred, Solidworks or similar)
- Working knowledge of general shop tools for prototyping
- FSAE, Baja, Eco-Car, E-Car or similar mobility club experience preferred
- Coursework in Physics I and II, Thermodynamics, Circuits and Fluids preferred
- Personal interests in sustainability, sustainable energy solutions
- A desire to find more efficient ways of taking and processing big data sets
- Strategic thinking with high level of resiliency and patience
- Self-motivated and committed to deliver high quality work on time
- Personal interest in outdoors and healthy lifestyle is a plus
- Working Hours: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.