Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Responsible to perform supplier audits to ensure supplier’s ability to meet part performance and delivery
• Support Purchasing team to strategically source parts by auditing, reviewing and assessing supplier manufacturing processes and quality management systems
• Drive supplier advanced product quality planning (APQP) to meet quality and timing expectations for production part approval (PPAP)
• Work with Engineering (Design and Manufacturing Engineers) team to define process parameters and criteria to ensure supplier process capability is effective to meet product and process requirements
• Lead the supplier approval process by assessing manufacturing/technology capabilities and Health, Safety and Environmental risks
• Support new product launches to ensure that supplier quality meets the required standards. Organize and lead industrialization related activities within supply chain department.
• Facilitate root cause analysis and corrective actions of supplier quality and capacity issues
• Perform on-site supplier visits for root cause analysis and verification of correction actions of supplier quality issues
• Review supplier manufacturing processes, collaborate with suppliers on process improvement and value enhancement opportunities (VA/VE)
• Promote the use of Rivian preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Lean, Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), Measurement System Analysis, and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
• Facilitate the escalation of unresolved supplier quality issues within assigned projects and suppliers
• Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to support the Quality organization to monitor and report on supplier product quality and performance
• Participate in cross-functional teams in the development of new products or changes related to current products in meeting customer requirements
• Manage and coordinate supplier Parts Per Million (PPM), supplier problem solving on time, cost recovery and supplier warranty indicators
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
• Technical expertise in metal forming (Progressive and Transfer stamping, Hot stamping), MIG & Resistance welding, and tooling.
• Strong technical problem-solving skills with demonstrated leadership and results. Certified Green Belt or Black Belt preferred (Red X/Shainin, Six Sigma)
• Strong knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
• Knowledge of Metrology, Inspection Methods and Equipment
• Advanced working knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC), Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and Lean Manufacturing
• Strong interpersonal skills, resiliency, and ability to lead with data and action, not ego.
• Ability to present data effectively and have impactful conversations that educate stakeholders and influence cross-functional teams
• Demonstrated ability to handle conflict to solve ambiguous, cross-functional problems and set execution plans.
• Understanding of Health and Safety practices
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.