Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Utilizing Rivian processes based on industry standards from VDA and AIAG, the Supplier Quality Engineer – Plant Support will work directly with the plant manufacturing, quality, and production control teams supporting plant containments, fast response to supplier issues, communicating supplier corrective action response to issues at plant, supporting change management, and driving communication to our supplier quality engineering teams supporting quality and program management for production builds. This is an individual contributor role.
· Implement all relevant procedures described in the Quality Management System (QMS) and ensure compliance
· Respond to customer complaints putting in containment actions, full analysis, poka-yokes (error proofing), and implementing short-term and long-term countermeasures
· Ensure that all necessary systems and procedures are in place to satisfy all customer requirements and audits
· Train others in all aspects of the quality system and application of procedures
· Undertake internal and process audits of the Quality Management System (QMS)
· Fast response and 8D corrective actions
· Report against agreed quality metrics
· Lead regular inspection meetings with representatives from appropriate departments to establish an action plan for improving build quality
· Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions
· Produce written reports and make presentations
· Undertake continuous training and development
· Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
· Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact
· Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility
· Ensure KPIs are met
· Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required
· 3+ years of supplier quality related experience
· Strong knowledge of automotive quality processes and 8D problem solving methods
· Lean Manufacturing knowledge
· Metrology, Inspection Methods and Equipment
· Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings
· Understanding manufacturing processes
· Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
· Planning and prioritizing activities
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Listening skills
· Negotiation skills
· Ability to present data effectively
· Problem-solving skills
· Understanding of Health and Safety practices
· Team working skills
· Analytical skills
· Understanding of cost and financial impacts
-This role requires a time commitment of Monday through Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.