Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Play a key role in design and implementation of Rivian’s Mobile Application and supporting infrastructure Cybersecurity plan
- Lead and develop requirements, design specifications and test plans for Mobile Application Security
- Evaluate multiple vendor solutions and security tools and make recommendations
- Analyze threats & vulnerabilities and perform Risk assessments and penetration tests.
- Implement and test Cloud-based cybersecurity solutions for Connected Vehicles
- Collaborate with Security testing, Incident response, Security monitoring and other teams to ensure Rivian’s digital infrastructure for Connected vehicles is highly secure
- Collaborate with Application software and Cloud development teams to ensure Security features and functions are correctly implemented
This is what you’ll need:
- 5 or more years of hands-on experience in enterprise penetration testing with an emphasis on Cloud or systems
- Successful track record of implementing and delivering projects involving a variety of cybersecurity functions for Rivian’s mobile applications
- Hands-on experience in Android and iOS programming
- Deep understanding of inner-workings of security concepts and mechanisms
- Knowledge of security-related topics such as authentication, entitlements, identity management, data protection, data leakage prevention, validation checking, encryption, hashing, principle of least privilege, software attack methodologies, secure data transfer, secure data storage, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of vulnerabilities and mitigations
- Reverse Engineering of Objective-C code and Java Byte Code
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of Android and iOS cryptography
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.